Stepping Stones Foodbank and Burghfield Project
Castle Douglas Development Forum
Application Deadline: 5pm Friday 24.02.23
Interview date: Week commencing 27.02.23
Start Date: To be arranged.
Responsible to: The Foodbank Manager for Food security matters; The Community Engagement Officer for the Burghfield project.
Rate: £10.75 an hour
Hours: Part-time (2 days per week) – some flexibility over when these hours are worked
Contract: 6 months, commencing March 2023.
Based: Stepping Stones Foodbank
The Stepping Stones Project aims to help people in crisis in Galloway, and also offers guidance to support them to move forward and get the longer term help they require to become more financially independent. Stepping Stones aims to promote self-reliance, develop personal resilience skills of its users and to remove the stigma around using foodbanks.
The Wellbeing Co-ordinator will support the food bank manager with tasks such as the co-ordination and administration of home deliveries and overseeing volunteers to ensure the smooth and safe supply of food to those referred to the food bank.
The Wellbeing Co-ordinator will oversee the execution of the Outreach Project which specifically aims to support people living in the Burghfield area as well as other members of the community who are in need of support to overcome a sense of isolation. The project will support social activities in warm spaces including local cafes , and breakfast and lunch clubs for school children. Close liaison with the Community Engagement officer is required to plan the activities.
Additionally, the Well-being Co-ordinator will assist in the transformation of the foodbank into a food pantry and community larder.
- Assist in providing management for all project sites, staff, and volunteers.
- Oversee and help organise breakfast/lunch clubs, warm spaces and café sessions.
- Report monthly to both The Food Bank Manager and The Community Engagement Officer to contribute to their bi-monthly reports to the board of trustees.
- Help identify clients who could benefit from extra support and by establishing a trusting relationship signpost them to other agencies who can help them progress to independent living.
- Ensure that the internal and external presentation of the food bank is COVID compliant and kept at the highest standard in accordance with health and safety requirements, disability access and security policies to safeguard our clients and provide a good working environment for staff and volunteers.
- Assist in providing an out of hours emergency response on a rota basis.
- Keep the food bank stock in good order and ensure that food donations to the food bank are checked for within date, cleanliness, and general good order, sorted and stored efficiently, including taking calls for deliveries during office, organising the daily deliveries, collection of donated food from local shops and supermarkets, shopping for, and sourcing of food items required.
- Keep accurate confidential records.
- Assist in the secure handling of all cash, credit card receipts etc. and that banking is accurately completed in full compliance with the charity’s policies.
|Good level of literacy and numeracy including collating statistical information for assisting management purposes.
|Ability to use a variety of software including MS Office and Teams.
|Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of backgrounds ensuring equality of access to services.
|Capable of dealing with sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner.
|Ability to develop the Food Bank service focusing on outcomes which promote client well-being.
|Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
|Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
|Demonstrates openness to change and responds positively to feedback.
|Demonstrates conflict resolution skills as required.
|Ability to remain calm while working under pressure.
|Ability to build links with related organisations.
|In possession of a current driver’s licence with access to a vehicle.
Please submit CV which includes TWO references and a cover letter detailing why you think you are suitable for this position.
Applications to include CV and letter – detailing relevant experience for this post, and two referees.
Email applications to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Castle Douglas Development Forum
84 King Street
Back to the Journal