Stepping Stones Project
Castle Douglas Development Forum
Application Deadline: 5pm Friday 24.02.23
Interview date: Week commencing 27.02.23
Start Date: To be arranged.
Responsible to: The Board of Trustees, Castle Douglas Development Forum.
Salary PA: £12,500 (FTE £25,000)
Hours: 17.5 per week
Based: Stepping Stones Foodbank
Currently at: 9 St Andrew St, Castle Douglas DG7 1DE
The Stepping Stones Project helps people in crisis in the Stewartry area. It also offers guidance to support them to move forward and get the longer term help they require to become more financially independent.
Stepping Stones aims to promote self-reliance, develop personal resilience skills of its users and to remove the stigma around using foodbanks.
The foodbank manager will oversee all operations of the foodbank, from organising rotas, checking of stock, creating foodbank parcels, management of volunteers, reporting to CDDF board and dealing with admin.
Additionally, they will manage the transformation of the foodbank into a food pantry and community larder and oversee the execution of the Outreach Project, along with the wellbeing co-ordinator – which aims to open warm spaces, breakfast/lunch clubs and café sessions.
|Good level of literacy and numeracy including collating statistical information for management purposes.
|Ability to use a variety of software including MS Office and Teams.
|Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of backgrounds ensuring equality of access to services.
|Capable of dealing with sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner.
|Ability to recruit and develop a team of volunteers.
|Ability to develop the Food Bank service focusing on outcomes which promote client well-being.
|Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
|Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
|Demonstrates openness to change and responds positively to feedback.
|Demonstrates conflict resolution skills as required.
|Ability to remain calm while working under pressure.
|Ability to build links with related organisations.
|In possession of a current driver’s licence with access to a vehicle.
|Experience of fund raising and bid writing.
|Knowledge of Castle Douglas and surrounding area.
|Knowledge of council poverty alleviation strategies.
- Provide overall project management for all project sites, staff, and volunteers.
- Promote the service to, and liaise with, other agencies to establish partnerships so that clients can access information about support from a range of organisations through Stepping Stones.
- Identify clients who could benefit from extra support.
- Ensure that the internal and external presentation of the food bank is COVID compliant and kept at the highest standard in accordance with health and safety requirements, disability access and security policies to safeguard our clients and provide a good working environment for staff and volunteers.
- Organise the weekly rota of volunteers, including being the first point of contact for notification of volunteer absences, ensuring volunteer absences are covered adequately and, where necessary, close the food bank if insufficient volunteers are on duty.
- Providing an out of hours emergency response on a rota basis.
- Keep the food bank stock in good order and ensure that food donations to the food bank are checked for within date, cleanliness, and general good order, sorted and stored efficiently, including taking calls for deliveries during office, organising the daily deliveries, transferring of food stocks between sites, informing the two sites’ deliveries needed, collection of donated food from local shops and supermarkets, shopping for, and sourcing of food items required.
- Keep accurate confidential records.
- Assist the finance and admin staff with financial management of the project.
- Assist the project development officer with funding bids and monitoring reports.
- Responsible for the secure handling of all cash, credit card receipts etc. and that banking is accurately completed in full compliance with the charity’s policies.
- Represent the charity and the project at meetings out with the organisation.
- Monitor and develop the project in collaboration with partners, the board, and staff members in order that it continues to serve the needs of the community.
- Report to the CDDF Board in writing once a month.
Application to include CV and cover letter – detailing relevant experience for this post, and two referees.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Or by post to: The Chairperson
Castle Douglas Development Forum
84 King Street
Back to the Journal