Stepping Stones Community Larder and Foodbank
Open Monday & Friday 10am-12pm and Wednesday 11am-1pm.
Stepping Stones Community Larder and Foodbank was formed in August 2023 after having previously being run solely as a foodbank since March 2020.
The Larder Model
The Larder model was researched through extensive reading materials, visits to local pantries and consultations with our local public health authority and CDDF board members. We created the model to suit our local community clienteles needs but also with input from the many volunteers of Stepping Stones.
Our Mission-to ease food poverty and create food dignity by maintaining “A Larder Open to All”.
- Provide access to affordable food for everyone in the local community-helping you save £££ for other essentials.
- Reduce food waste-by providing fresh produce FREE to members and being date-vigilant with all stock.
- Promote healthy eating-by showing our members how to supplement meals with fresh produce.
- Offering volunteering opportunities to those interested in supporting their community through the larder.
- Reducing social isolation and encouraging interaction with the public, the volunteers and other members of the larder.
Stepping Stones Community Larder promotes membership to an affordable food club for locals of the community which also helps reduce food poverty, create food dignity and encourage social interactions.
We want to grow together as a community and we hope to support locals ease financial hardship through subsidised food awareness.
Volunteers help support the community which helps to support and sustain the larder.
Volunteers are an integral part of this vision and without them we could not grow or thrive.
Memberships to the Larder cost:
£1 per year for a Single
£3 per year for a Family
That entitles the members to use the larder once a week which costs:
£3 for 10 items Single
£6 for 20 items Family
PLUS, free fruit & veg to supplement their shopping. *Often there are free rolls/bread/bakerygoods available from local supermarkets too.
In case of emergency, you can contact adult social work on 0303333301or 01387 273660 for out of hours.